Monday, November 10, 2008

Growth Mistery


4 stitches for the big one and 1 stitch for the little oneDuring the last few weeks I have been thinking about if I should have Ryddick go under a general anesthetic or a local one. There are pros and cons to do either. This morning I decided that a general would be best in his situation. Having to hold him still while getting a growth on his back removed would have been a challenge for the techs and very stressful for Ryddick. Come to find out there was another one that had started on the side of his torso.The good news is that they are not tumors and it is benign. The bad news is that he will most likely going to get more throughout his live. I can't remember what the exact name of it is, but the vet explained that something gets into his follicle and becomes calcified and it will grow very quickly.He was groggy all day. I hope I don;t have to do this more then once a year. There is an option of learning how to get the cyst before it becomes larger, but it would involve a big needle and someone to hold Ryddick down. Maybe he will hold still for some liver?

No comments:

Post a Comment